(Inside: The best lunchtime boredom-buster I’ve had this month. I am a little in love with these Instant Pot Reuben Sandwiches and their oh-so-easy recipe. Seriously, I am about to plate myself an Instant Pot Reuben Sandwich again for the third time this week.)
There’s something to be said about having a hearty sandwich sometimes–maybe dipped in a little au jus…
Ok. Wipe the drool.
You’re here for a reason and I’m right here with you.
Instant Pot Reuben Sandwiches are freaking amazing and I can’t get enough.
I didn’t have 6-8 people to feed, so I have leftovers.
So now I’ve got enough for lunches all week long.
And I’m not even a little sad about it.
Because it’s like this: I get bored with my lunches, especially sandwiches.
I don’t feel like cooking a whole meal at lunchtime, even though I’m totally home all day with the kids.
So a sandwich happens more often than not.
But ham and mayo with a slice of tomato can get old after about a month straight.
Working-in an Instant Pot Reuben Sandwich, though? Freaking awesome.
Alright. So I’ve sang it’s praises like crazy–let’s get to the recipe.
Oh, wait. if you’re just bopping around, not yet ready to make an Instant Pot Reuben Sandwhich for yourself just yet, go ahead and pin it.
That way you can find it later.
Instant Pot Reuben Sandwiches
Instant Pot Reuben Sandwiches
The best lunchtime boredom-buster I've had this month. I am a little in love with these Instant Pot Reuben Sandwiches and their oh-so-easy recipe. Seriously, I am about to plate myself an Instant Pot Reuben Sandwich again for the third time this week.
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp apple cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced coarsely
- 2 stalks celery, diced coarse
- 1 Tbsp whole mixed pickling spice or any combination of spices you like
- 3 lb corned beef, no spice packet
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Put all the corned beef ingredients in your Instant Pot, except for the beef and the cabbage, then stir to combine.
- Lay the corned beef on top of the other ingredients and ladle some of the liquid from the bottom over the top of the corned beef.
- Set Instant Pot to Low Pressure, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Remove lid and arrange cabbage evenly over the top of the corned beef. Replace cover, seal lid again, then cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Natural release.
- Remove corned beef and cabbage from the Instant Pot.
- Slice corned beef thinly.
- Mix ingredients for Russian Dressing in a small bowl until well combined.
- Layer bread, corned beef, cabbage, onions and Russian Dressing.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 663Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 228mgSodium 2535mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 5gSugar 9gProtein 45g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.