(Inside: I am not always enamored with pork chops. The can be so tough and just lackluster. But these Instant Pot Sour Cream and Chives Smothered Pork Chops are anything but. Dude, they kick lackluster in the butt.)
I don’t go to restaurants and order the pork chops.
Because 9/10 times, they’re tough or they have little (or no) flavor and I just am not happy with my meal (unless fried, but anything fried is pretty much a-ok with me).
And so, I avoid making them at home most of the time, too.
But when presented with a buy-1/get-1 deal at the grocery store…well, I went out of my element and gave Instant Pot Sour Cream and Chives Smothered Pork Chops a try.
These pork chops kick lackluster in the butt.
Seriously, they’re tender and just a tiny bit crispy on the edges and then so so so so so juicy.
The smother on top is just a fun addition.
Really, these Instant Pot Sour Cream and Chives Smothered Pork Chops were totally worth the risk of that buy-1/get-1.
So, go on you, and scroll on down, but before you go, make sure you pin this amazing recipe for Instant Pot Sour Cream and Chives Smothered Pork Chops so you’ve got it again and again.
Instant Pot Sour Cream and Chives Smothered Pork Chops
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 4- oz. boneless pork chops
- ½ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 3 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 oz. sour cream
- 3 T. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Additional fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute and allow the inner pot to heat up.
- Season pork chops on each side with salt and pepper, if desired, and add to the Instant Pot. Brown pork chops on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from pan and set aside on a rimmed dish to collect juices.
- Add chicken broth, sour cream and cream cheese to the Instant Pot. Gently scrape bottom of pan to loosen brown bits and continue stirring until the cheese is completely melted, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add juices from the plate holding the pork chops to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine liquids, then add pork chops and chives.
- Cover the Instant Pot with it’s lid and lock the lid. Make sure the vent is sealed.
- Change the Instant Pot setting to “Manual/High” and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the pork chops are done cooking, quick release the pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Transfer the pork chops to individual serving plates and top with creamy pan sauce. Garnish with additional chives and serve!
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.