(Inside: I love unique Instant Pot recipe ideas where I get out of my comfort zone. This Instant Pot Chicken with Penne in Tomato Sauce is one of the best.)
One of the fun things about the Instant Pot is that there’s a whole community of people out there sharing and enjoying recipes together–giving their own spins on how to make the best dishes.
I love it.
And one of my favorite recipes lately is this Instant Pot Chicken with Penne in Tomato Sauce.
Ridiculously easy–but kind of different than the “throw it all in and come back when it dings.”
I had never considered taking my extra inner pot along on a fun ride as a side-car in the recipe.
Until one of the people in the “IP Community” had mentioned doing this.
Then a lightbulb came on…oooh, I thought, this could be fun.
So I tried it with this Instant Pot Chicken with Penne in Tomato Sauce.
Now, it took a couple of times trying before I “perfected” it (it was good to start with, but better after I tinkered), but I managed to make this amazing dish that my husband loved–and the kids, with some extra cheese on top. LOL!
If you love this recipe, be sure to pin it, that way you can find it again.
And don’t forget, this Instant Pot Chicken with Penne in Tomato Sauce isn’t a stand-alone, I have loads more recipes–and all you have to do is keep scrolling!
Instant Pot Chicken with Penne in Tomato Sauce
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 sachet dry italian dressing
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup dry penne pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 stainless steel inner pot
- In smaller inner pot, add dry pasta, olive oil and enough water to cover pasta plus about ¼ inch over the top. Stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle italian dressing over chicken pieces
- Place chicken into pot.
- Mix about 1 cup water with crushed tomatoes. Pour over chicken.
- Put inner pot on top of chicken. Cover and lock lid.
- Set pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove inner pot with pasta and chicken from pot, leaving liquid in pot.
- Set pot to sauté mode. Bring liquid to boil to make sauce
- Add pasta to sauce. Mix well.
- Shred chicken by hand or with hand mixer (it really works).
- Combine sauce with chicken.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half or quarters and mix into sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 1136Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 469mgSodium 642mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 163g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.