(Inside: Dude. Homemade Instant Pot Baby Food is so freakin’ easy. I wish I’d known about this for my oldest kiddo. Because my youngest loves Banana Oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner–I have to cut her off at 2am and call her a cab, she loves it so much.)
Yeah, so having a kid is fun.
Until you discover that they’re just like you with all sorts of food sensitivities and a hollow leg that needs to be filled 354 times a day.
So I could save some cash and be sure of what was in her belly, I decided to make Homemade Instant Pot Baby Food.
Easy enough, right?
Right!Seriously. Making Homemade Instant Pot Baby food is super simple and very much a money-saving adventure. Click To Tweet
So, one of her very favorite recipes is Banana Oatmeal.
Creamy oatmeal goodness topped off with her very favorite fruit.
Best deal? I can make it with gluten-free oatmeal, so that baby’s exposure to gluten is limited (she’s allergic after all).
Seriously, this Homemade Instant Pot Baby Food is the best for keeping her allergen exposure down.
If it wasn’t for that, I probably wouldn’t have bothered making Banana Oatmeal in the Instant Pot because they have freeze-dried banana oatmeal on the shelf–you just add milk.
But this Homemade Instant Pot Baby Food is just done in minutes, and then I can feed baby the foods that fill her up best–and the yummy recipes she wants most.
Homemade Instant Pot Baby Food – Banana Oatmeal
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Peel bananas and cut them in half.
- Place bananas and oatmeal in a mini-loaf pan then pour coconut milk over the top.
- Place mini-loaf pan in the Instant Pot (This may be placed in the Instant Pot with other mini-loaf pans, stacked and side-by-side to eliminate time. Cook time will remain the same.)
- Turn Instant Pot onto High Pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Put contents of mini-loaf pan in the blender and puree until it's of a consistency you want.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Any excess can be frozen in ice cubes for individual servings later.
- Serve and party on, little dudes and dudettes!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 3g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.