(Inside: You may not realize it, but there’s a good bit of Cajun in all of us. May not be in your DNA, but it’s in your tastebuds’ desires. Don’t worry, I know a way to satisfy it with Instant Pot Jumbalaya.)
Yeah, yeah, I herd you say you thought maybe it’d be too spicy for you? That just silly-he-haw. Get your Instant Pot Jumbalaya on. Then you’ll see.
No, seriously. It’s a unique flavor with a fun twist.
See, cajun jumbalaya is made with stuff you normally have separate.
But, you mix ’em together, naw, and there’s you a real meal.
Best part of this recipe, that sets it above all the others? Takes about 15 minutes.Best part of this recipe, that sets it above all the others? Takes about 15 minutes. Click To Tweet
When your “regular” cajun jumbalaya takes about an hour or so. Sometimes all day.
See, it’s all about the pressure with the Instant Pot Jumbalaya. You get you a good pressure going and BAM! The jumabalaya just comes together in this absolutely fabulous flavor fest you can’t refuse.
You just tell your tastebuds to hang on a second and there you go. No waiting around forever to get your cajun spirit satisfied.
No, Instant Pot Jumbalaya w’ll take care of you straight away.
Now, you go ahead, ya hear, and get this here Instant Pot Jumbalaya pinned all nice and tidy. That way when you’re ready to fry up some vittles again, you’ve got this here recipe handy.
Instant Pot Jumbalaya
- 1 case sausage
- ½ lb. raw large shrimp
- 1 lb. chicken cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 medium bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. creole seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup rice
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Set pot to sauté mode to heat oil.
- Add chicken, creole seasoning and salt to heated oil. Brown chicken, remove and set aside.
- Place onions and bell peppers in pot. Cook until translucent.
- Return chicken to pot. Add rice, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Mix well.
- Cover and set pot to rice (high pressure at 12 minutes)
- Quick release. Add sausage in a layer on top of rice. Then place shrimp in a layer on top of sausage.
- Set pot to cook on manual mode for 2 minutes.
- Once cooking is done, natural or quick release. Fluff rice, mixing sausage and shrimp well with rice.
- Serve and party on!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 82mgSodium 1319mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 23g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.