(Inside: Waiting for delivery is way-overrated. As is going to pick up your favorite take-out in your jammies. So, I found a short-cut to this inconvenience and now, I present: Instant Pot Orange Chicken and Steamed Rice. Damn straight.)
I am a lover of the “first thing you do when you get home is put on your jammies.”
The problem with this lifestyle choice is: if you are craving take-out, you then have to either wait around for an hour for uber to deliver your box of yummies or you have to be confident enough in your jammies to pick up your tasties in them.
The struggle is real.
But, now, the struggle is so much less of a struggle.
Because of Instant Pot Orange Chicken and Steamed Rice.
Seriously, this take-out-restaurant version of my favorite dish is just about the most awesome thing ever (or this week).
I just pop the ingredients into my newest favorite appliance and BAM!
So, you just feel free to put those jammies on, friend, because Instant Pot Orange Chicken and Steamed Rice is not going to make you wait an hour–nor is it going to give you judgey looks for being in the restaurant with your favorite footies.
So, just go ahead and pin this jammie-happy recipe for Instant Pot Orange Chicken and Steamed Rice, that way you have it the next time you just gotta have some take-out…
Instant Pot Orange Chicken and Steamed Rice
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup peas, optional
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced thin
- ½ cup baby carrots, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 lbs chicken thighs, skin off and chopped thin
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put chicken and vegetables in a foil packet, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix orange marmalade and chicken broth together in separate bowl, then pour over the chicken.
- Close foil packet and perforate the top in 4-6 places with a knife.
- Rinse rice.
- Place rice and water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place foil packet on top of the rice
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Natural Release. Do not skip this as the rice is foamy.
- Spoon additional orange marmalade over top of chicken when serving, if desired.
- Serve alongside steamed kale for a complete meal.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 767Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 145mgSodium 377mgCarbohydrates 122gFiber 3gSugar 35gProtein 35g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.