(Inside: Warm, deep, smokey flavored chicken with the tart bite of tomato in a slightly creamy sauce? Eff-yeah, I’ll take a plate of Instant Pot Fire Roasted Creamy Tomato Chicken anytime. This instant pot chicken kills.)
There’s an epidemic out there. Too much bland food being cooked in instant pots for me to stand.
You see it all the time. You put random ingredients in the pressure cooker and then it all comes out kind of weirdy and a little brown.
Never fear, Instant Pot Fire Roasted Creamy Tomato Chicken is here.This is not your ordinary instant pot chicken recipe. It's smokey (fire roasted, hello!) and creamy to boot. Click To Tweet
All you do is hit the grocery store, grab a few random, totally normal ingredients, drop them in the pot-of-love and whamo! The Instant Pot Fire Roasted Creamy Tomato Chicken is ready to be plated and served to your hardy-partiers.
But the solution is not in the instant pot until you do your part.
See how this works here?
I am doing my part. And going above and beyond.
Not only did I make the Instant Pot Fire Roasted Creamy Tomato Chicken, but I also photographed it and totally wrote this little ditty up to share the recipe with the world.
Much like the doctor prescribing antibiotics to those in need, I am prescribing Instant Pot Fire Roasted Creamy Tomato Chicken to you.
And the world at large.
Help me eradicate this disease.
Pin this recipe for Instant Pot Fire Roasted Creamy Tomato Chicken and share it with your friends on every social channel.
Because the hunger is real, y’all.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast or thighs if preferred
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 1 large pack fresh spinach
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. pack of cream cheese
- 1/2 large carrot, sliced
- Heat oil in sauté mode.
- While waiting for pot to get hot, mix salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides, working in batches. Set browned chicken aside.
- To hot pot, add onions. Sauté until translucent.
- Add spinach and carrots. Stir until spinach is half-cooked. Cancel sauté mode.
- Place chicken back into pot on top of chicken.
- Place tomatoes and cream cheese over chicken.
- Cover, lock lid and set pot to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release. Remove chicken.
- Set pot to sauté mode. Bring spinach, tomatoes, and cream cheese mixture to a boil stirring regularly and breaking up any chunks of cream cheese if any to make sauce.
- Serve cream sauce over chicken.
- Party on.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.