(Inside: Yeah, I wasn’t too sure of that onion-looking thing. But then it met a chicken and fell in soup. Now I’m in love with Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup.)
The devil’s fruit, that nasty onion, has confused me for years–see, I thought it had an evil twin, the leek.
Too bad for me that I missed out on the potential for years of having Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup on a cold, chilly day.
Because, it turns out, leeks are the sweet, softer cousin to that devil-fruit I refuse to eat unless cooked thoroughly.
Seriously–a raw onion is naaaaasty (to me at least, my dad can eat one like a friken’ apple).It turns out, leeks are the sweet, softer cousin to that devil-fruit I refuse to eat unless cooked thoroughly Click To Tweet
And, although I’m totally enthralled by this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup that accidentally happened (ok, my blogging friend dared me to make some), I don’t know what else to make with leeks, honestly.
I’m not talking about eating them like apples–like my dad does with onions, eeew; but like what do you eat them cooked in?
Slaw? As a sauce over steak? All good things to think about, neh?
After spending a few minutes just thinking about the leek, I kind of feel bad.
How insensitive was I that I had never tried this softer, cozier sister to the *shiver* onion? How rude that I just now ventured to try the Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup that has now become a little bit of an obsession (seriously, leftovers heat up so nice for day 2 for lunch!!!)?
Clearly, I need to join an anonymous group and apologize to all the leeks out there on step 8 or something…
Alright, give me a mental high-five that you too love the leek and let me join your ranks you leek-lovers-league-card-holder you. Everyone else, if you’re ready to join the ranks and try the leek, just pin this amazing Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup so you can find it again quick when you’re ready.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup
Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup
Yeah, I wasn't too sure of that onion-looking thing. But then it met a chicken and fell in soup. Now I'm in love with Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Leek Soup.
- 1 lbs. chicken breast
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 12 oz. pack bacon
- 3 stalks celery finely diced
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 stalks leek thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Mix pepper and salt together.
- In sauté mode, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and grease, leaving about 1 tbsp. of grease in pot.
- Season chicken breast with pepper and salt.
- Brown chicken in bacon grease on both sides if you like a little crunch (sometimes I do and sometimes I don't). Remove, set aside to cool.
- Add celery, onions and leek. Still in sauté mode, cook onions until translucent.
- Add ½ cup broth. Deglaze. Cover and set to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release after cooking process. Add chicken to pot, heavy cream and the rest of the broth. Stir.
- Cover and set to cook again on high pressure for 5 minutes. Natural release after cooking process.
- Serve with crumbled bacon and party on!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.