(Inside: Yeah, this recipe is for the record books. Literally my favorite Italian restaurant treat ON. The. Planet. And now I can make it at home. This wickedly easy Instant Pot Tortellini Alla Panna recipe is so simple. I am doing a happy dance.)
I love a good Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce. Or even baked Tortellini from my local pizza-shack.
But I’ve never loved any kind of pasta more than I love Tortellini Alla Panna.
Add in the fact that this is Instant Pot Tortellini Alla Panna and I’m in freakin’ homemade-restuarant-food heaven.
Now, I combed through a bunch of toretllini recipes, but I just can’t seem to find one that beats these that I’ve been eating for years. I love them.
On the stove, they take forever, but in the pressure cooker? Yeah, you’re talking minutes for the perfect consistency and texture of a tortellini noodle (is it a noodle? or a twist? a knot? a knob? a broomstick?!).
All that matters is that the tortellini THINGS come out of the instant pot all perfectly moist and tender, ready for a bite–or a few.
And the alla panna sauce part of the Instant Pot Tortellini Alla Panna? So. Freakin. Perfect.
Just a fantastic blend of cheese and tomato and that bite of salty goodness. Yeah, there’s the real secret of Instant Pot Tortellini Alla Panna.
I just love a good breadstick dipped in the leftover sauce in the plate. It’s like the icing on the cake…er, well, there’s no cake.
So, maybe it’s like the sauce on the breadstick?
GAH! Just eat the damn Instant Pot Tortellini Alla Panna already! And if you’re not ready to eat it right this second, pin it. You know you want to.
Instant Pot Tortellini Alla Panna
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, substitute 3 tspn minced garlic, if desired
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tspn dried basil
- 1 tspn dried oregeno
- 1 cup alfredo cheese block, substitute 1/2 cup alfredo sauce in a jar, if desired
- 1 bag La Piana Tortellini with Cheese Filling, Half Pound, 8 Ounce, bag is 8 oz
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Mince garlic and onion finely.
- On saute setting in instant pot, cook the garlic, onion, and olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce, as well as cheese, spices and tortellini. Pretty much just dump everything in the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot for 7 minutes. Natural release.
- Stir sauce and tortellini together well.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and garnish with a fork.
- Party on!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 8 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 328Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 69mgSodium 905mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 10g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.