(Inside: Drool. That’s all you can do in the face of these Instant Pot Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps. They’re wicked and smokey and ready for any party. Seriously. Set them out for your next tailgating experience and see. Ninja, vanish.)
You only get one shot at a truly epic tailgating experience.
To make them say “yum.”
And these Instant Pot Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps are seriously the most you can make of that one moment when you can get the cringe or the “oh, this is good.”
It’s like first dates and pot-luck lunches at work.
You have to have the smell right, the first bite has to be amazing–and THEN you can hope for a requested recipe or a “wow–who made this?!”
And if you’re wanting all that is good to be raining down on you, AND have a super easy recipe…well, these Instant Pot Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps are for you.
Not a sales pitch.
Not selling you squat–just telling you, you need to pin these Instant Pot Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps so you can come back to them when you’re ready.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. dried rosemary
- 2 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. ground fennel seeds
- 2 t. cocoa powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. organic sugar-free chicken broth
- 8 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- Pour chicken broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Combine all spices and the cocoa in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder and place in Instant Pot on the rack.
- Seal the lid and set for Manual/High for 24 minutes.
- Natural release (this is important for tender meat, do not quick release).
- Once the cooking time is complete, use two forks to pull the pork apart while it is still in the Instant Pot. Allow the pulled pork to remain in the juices until serving in order to absorb more flavor.
- To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with some purple cabbage or slaw and top with some pulled pork.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 450Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 103mgSodium 238mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 28g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.