(Inside: An old recipe turned all around and new for the Instant Pot. Easy, quick and definitely made to feed the whole family. Old Fashion Instant Pot Pot Roast is so fall-apart good, I can’t even.)
I can’t ever get enough of the amazing food my mom used to cook when I was a kid.
She just used to spend hours, though, getting something just cooked long enough for it to be tender and good.
Then we’d rush it to the table and devour like crazy monsters.
For a long time, I despaired the idea of serving these same dishes to my kids–and having to spend hours in the kitchen to do so.
I totally got this Old Fashioned Instant Pot Pot Roast set up so that the fantasticalness I remember as a kid is now ready in less than 20 minutes.
I’m not kidding you, the Old Fashioned Instant Pot Pot Roast tastes just like my mom used to make–and supposedly like her mom used to make (although I cannot verify, I just have to trust my mom).
Ok, now we have to get to the REAL party–pin this recipe for Old Fashioned Instant Pot Pot Roast so you can find it next time, then let’s get cookin’!
Old Fashioned Instant Pot Pot Roast
Old Fashion Pot Roast
An old recipe turned all around and new for the Instant Pot. Easy, quick and definitely made to feed the whole family. Old Fashion Instant Pot Pot Roast is so fall-apart good, I can't even.
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbspn oil for frying
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Put oil in bottom of Instant Pot, salt and pepper roast, and sautee, turning to brown all sides of roast.
- Remove roast to a plate.
- In the Instant Pot, mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, broth and water and stir to mix and deglaze Instant Pot.
- Place roast back into Instant Pot.
- Turn roast until all sides have been covered in soup mixture.
- Arrange potatoes and carrots on top of the the roast in the Instant Pot.
- Set to cook for 12 minutes on high pressure. Natural release.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.