(Inside: One of the easiest and quickest baby food recipes you can make at home is this Homemade Baby Food Instant Pot Recipe – Mashed Potatoes. Seriously–if your kid is ready for solids, this is it.)
Look, I am totally all about making Homemade Baby Food.
It’s simple, saves money, and can be done in batches, saving a ton of time–you can even just throw off a foil packet of a homemade baby food recipe like banana oatmeal into the pot when you’re cooking other things–and have baby’s dinner ready when yours is.
One of the easiest baby food recipes in the instant pot though is Mashed Potatoes.
“I don’t need a recipe to make mashed potatoes!” you might say…but, when making Homemade Baby Food, you really do need a recipe for everything, just to make sure you’re not overloading baby with seasoning and all that.
So, take this as inspiration.
Because we’d all like to make this Baby Food Instant Pot Recipe for Mashed Potatoes–even though it’s not actually like mashed potatoes we’d make for ourselves.
And, if you’re not quite ready to make this baby food instant pot recipe, well, that’s ok–you just go ahead and pin it.
Again, inspiration, y’all!!
Homemade Baby Food Instant Pot Recipe – Mashed Potatoes
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Clean, peel and chop potatoes into quarter-sized chunks.
- Place potatoes and water into your Instant Pot (you can use a baking dish or a foil packet--that way you can do several types of baby food cooking at one time, if desired).
- Cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Remove from Instant Pot and mash water and potatoes together using a hand mixer or hand masher.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and serve!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 241Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 31mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 6gSugar 3gProtein 6g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.