(Inside: In our house, we do a lot of Gluten-Free Instant Pot Beef Broccoli. It’s literally one of our favorites–right next to other Asian meals that are heavy on the yum. For whatever reason, my kids love broccoli served this way–so maybe yours will too.)
My kids are mutants.
They like broccoli.
Steamed, cheesed, buttered, sprinkled with salt, raw, boiled, sautéed and fricasseed (what the heck is fricasseed anyway?!).
Also, we all love a good beef-steeped-in-soy sauce.
So, we found an amazing gluten-free soy sauce and I make, on almost a weekly rotation, Gluten-Free Instant Pot Beef Broccoli.
One of the best recipes I’ve ever had the pleasure of enjoying from my Instant Pot, because it’s so easy–but so rich, it’s like we got take-out.
Dude. This Gluten-Free Instant Pot Beef Broccoli is totally worth the try–even if you aren’t sure your kids are going to enjoy the broccoli.
I mean, don’t we have to serve them the broccoli all the time before they’ll be willing to try it?
Isn’t that one of the tactics your mom used? Mine sure did.
Mine even did the “eat one bite” thing.
And now I love broccoli.
Ok, so let’s go forth and try to come up with ideas to get our kids to enjoy veggies.
No more hiding them (just kidding) or slathering them in cheese (just kidding) or basically letting them loose without greens (also just kidding)!
Since none of those three things are really something that can be done outside of our mom-fantasy world, go ahead and pin this awesome recipe for Gluten-Free Instant Pot Beef Broccoli.
That way you can either actually make it–and hope your kids love the broccoli (as I hope my kids aren’t mutants for eating them) or you can just scroll past it in your pins occasionally so that you can be sad your kids would never eat it because it touched the broccoli.
Gluten-Free Instant Pot Beef Broccoli
- 1½ lbs. beef flank steak, cut into strips
- 1½ c. beef stock
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ c. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. arrowroot
- 1 14- oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 3 c. white rice, cooked
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Add flank steak to Instant Pot.
- In a medium glass bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef.
- Cover Instant Pot, lock lid, and seal vent.
- Cook on "Manual/High" for 10 minutes. Quick release once done cooking.
- Remove ¼ cup of liquid and stir in the arrowroot. You could also substitute the arrowroot for 2 T. of cornstarch. Use a fork or whisk to combine it together. Add the mixture back into the pressure cooker and stir. You will notice the liquid begin to thicken as it sits.
- Add the broccoli (frozen or fresh) to a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of water. Microwave on high for for five minutes.
- Drain and stir broccoli into the beef mixture.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 640Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 134mgSodium 2215mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 58g
Party on, dude! Catch you the flip side.